Italian Pizza Capricciosa
Pizza capricciosa is a style of pizza in Italian cuisine prepared with mozzarella cheese, Italian baked ham, mushroom, artichoke and tomato. Types of edible mushrooms used may include cremini and others. Some versions may also use prosciutto, marinated artichoke hearts, olive oil, olives, basil leaves, and egg. Wikipedia
What You Need
- 4 cups flour (preferrably Italian white flour)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup San Marzano tomatoes, blended
- ¾ cup fresh mozzarella (preferrably Fior Di Latte), chopped
- 1-2 basil leaves, torn
- 1-2 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 whole pitted black olives
- 5 artichoke heats, quartered
- 1 slice prosciutto cotto, torn into bite sized pieces
- 6-7 slices mild salami, torn into bite sized pieces
- sprinkle of Parmesan
- drizzle olive oil
How to do : Part 1
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and yeast.
- Add water. Knead ingredients thoroughly with hands.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 4 even balls. Cover each ball with plastic wrap and let rest for an additional 3 hours before use.
How to do : Part 2
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread blended San Marzano tomatoes evenly over dough.
- Evenly sprinkle layer of mozzarella over dough and tomatoes.
- Top with basil leaves, mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, proscuitto cotto and salami.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of pizza and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated 500F oven on pizza stone Cook for 15 minutes.