Strawberry Muffins 🧁 🍓
2 cups self raising flour
Small pinch of salt
3⁄4 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoons of vanilla paste or extract
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon 🍋
fresh strawberries(as much as you prefer) to mix through, cut into 3-4 pieces
- Stir together the flour, salt, lemon zest and sugar in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl beat egg. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla paste and oil.
- Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture.
- Mix quickly but do not beat.
- The batter will be lumpy, which is desirable for an airy crumb.
- Add strawberries.
- Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan and bake at 180 C (350F)for 8-10 minutes or until golden 🧁🍓❤️