August 18, 2016 Daniela
This recipe is so simple, there’s no excuse to not make this as a side dish this summer.
- 6 Eggplants (medium size)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Canola Oil for Frying
- Dice the eggplants and fry until brown in hot Canola oil.
- Dry them well with paper towels.
- In another pan, put the garlic and olive oil – and sauté until it becomes golden.
- Add halved tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
- Add fried eggplant and salt, and simmer all together.
- Add chopped fresh basil or oregano (or both!).
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!