Sweetly Spiced Butternut Squash
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, split in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 large white potatoes, (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Red Pepper Jelly
- Salt and white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place squash cut sides down in a baking dish. Pour water into dish around squash halves. Bake until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 1 1/2 hours. Add more hot water if needed. Remove from oven and carefully remove skin. Set squash aside.
- Boil potato cubes in salted water until very soft when pierced with a knife.
- Drain potatoes and add to squash along with Red Pepper Jelly, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash by hand until almost smooth, or use an electric mixer. Add butter if desired and serve.