4th of July Homemade Burger Recipe – OrsaraRecipes
- 1 1/2 lbs of chuck steak
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1/4 sweet onion, sliced
- 3 oz of gorgonzola cheese, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ciabatta bread
- Pre-heat the BBQ to 450-500 degrees. To make your homemade burger patty, begin by cutting the steak into a few slices that are small enough to fit into the meat grinder. Put the slices into the meat grinder. Add the sliced 1/4 onion into the grinder followed by the bacon strips.
- Add the chopped gorgonzola cheese to the meat mix. Add salt and pepper for flavor. Begin mixing the meat and cheese mixture by hand to incorporate all ingredients. Grab a palm sized amount, roll into a ball, and then flatten out.
- Place the burger patties onto the BBQ and grill for 3 minutes on each side. If you would like your bread toasted, add each slice to the BBQ on the top rack for 2 minutes. Add cheese to the burger for only 1 minute.
- Enjoy and have a nice 4th of July weekend!