Baked Apples with Caramel Sauce
Make the most of apple season with this simple, delicious dessert.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 firm apples, stemmed and cored
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
TOOLS YOU NEED
- Baking pan
- Tin foil
- Cutting Board
- Mixing bowl
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel and core your apples.
- Make caramel sauce and set aside.
- Heat sugar over low heat in an Abbio Sauce Pan stirring constantly with a spatula spoon.
- Sugar will slowly melt into a thick brown liquid.
- Once the sugar has melted down add the butter.
- Stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted.
- Very slowly add heavy cream while stirring.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and add salt to taste. Allow to slightly cool down before using.
- Store in the fridge and reheat before using!
Baked Apple DIRECTIONS
Combine sugar, syrup, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
Cut off the bottom of apples so that they sit flat in baking pan.
Place apples in baking pan and fill with sugar mixture.
Cover apples with foil; bake until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Serve hot with caramel sauce.