Baked Crab Cakes
Submitted by Gladys L. Hull, Salisbury, MD.
- 1 lb. Jumbo Lump crab meat
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp. crushed dried tarragon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 6 saltine crackers, crushed fine
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ tsp. paprika
- Toss the crab meat with the lemon juice and refrigerate.
- Saute onion with butter and olive oil over medium heat until barely limp, about one minute. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Mix together Old Bay, garlic, tarragon, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise, crackers, and beaten egg. Add the onions and mix well. Fold gently into the crab meat. Divide into 6 portions.
- Roll the crab mixture into 6 large balls and place in a buttered baking dish 2″ apart. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flatten each ball a little. Sprinkle each one with the paprika. Serve hot.