Give broccoli a delicious, hearty twist by cooking it in an easy homemade marinara sauce with Pomì all-natural Chopped Tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
Ingredients for 4 people
- Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz
- Broccoli florets 1 lb
- Cooked pasta or grain of your choice to serve
- Crushed red pepper flakesoptional
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Fresh basil sprigs, stem and leaves 1 to 2
- Garlic cloves 5 peeled and minced
- Salt to taste
- Water 1 cup
- In a saucepan or cooking skillet with a lid, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add garlic and cook very briefly until fragrant (do not brown).
- Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes, water, salt, oregano, and fresh basil sprigs. Bring to a boil for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and turn heat down to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until broccoli is tender (do not overcook broccoli, it should still have a good bite).
- Add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes, if you like. Serve with your favorite pasta