- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- 4 slices of fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbls of basil pesto
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and clean with a damp paper towel.
- Mix together the pesto and olive oil.
- Brush the mushroom caps on both sides with the mixture.
- Place the mushrooms on a slightly oiled baking dish and back for at least 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are fork tender.
- Slice the tomato into four equal slices.
- Brush with oil and place on the top of the mushroom and bake for around 10 more minutes.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the tomato and bake until melted.