Buttery Chicken Scampi
Serves 4 people.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of long green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh grated black pepper
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound of angel hair pasta (optional)
- In a large pan sauté the chicken pieces in the butter and olive oil until browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté the garlic and onions around 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Season the chicken with the basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes
- Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and white wine.
- Reduce the mixture in half
- Add the whipping cream and heat through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with pasta.