Chocolate Drizzle Hazelnut Biscotti
INGREDIENTS (makes a lot!)
450gr. (4 cups) Self raising Flour
350gr.1 3/4 cups) Sugar
2 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or extract (or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean)
1 tablespoon of milk
a pinch of salt
120 gr.(3/4 cup) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips melted
1. Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy.
2. Add the sifted flour, butter,salt, milk, then the nuts.
3. Shape the dough with floured hands to form into two logs and baked them in a medium oven for around 25 minutes.
4. Cool at room temperature for 3-5 minutes, then slice them at an angle using a sharp bread knife. You will notice than the inside of the biscuits is still a little wet. This is fine. Place the sliced, semi-cooked dough back onto the tray and into the oven and toast each side for about 5 minutes.
5. Cool the biscotti at room temperature. In the meantime melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Drizzle the chocolate liberally over the biscotti. Ideally, allow to set before eating!
Silvia’s Cucina the cookbook is available in stores and online