Cocoa and Vanilla ciambella (bundt)
200 gr (1 cup) of caster sugar
225 gr of self-raising flour
60 ml (1/4 cup) of grape seed oil (or lightly scented olive oil)
125 gr (1/2 cup) of Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of bitter cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of warm water
1. Whisk eggs and sugar until pale and creamy.
2. Add the oil , Greek youghurt and the vanilla
3. Gently fold in the flour , well sifted. Mix until the batter is combined.
4. Pour 2/3 of the mix into a ring-cake tin (I used a silicon one so I didn’t have to grease it.). 5. Add 2 tablespoons of bitter cocoa and the water to the remaining cake batter and mix until smooth.
6. Dollop the cocoa mix on top of the vanilla mix and , using a fork or a chopstick, swirl the two batters together.
7. Bake in a preheated 170 C (340 F) oven for about 40/45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Let the cake cool in its tin for about 15 minutes, then gently release and keep cooking on a rack for one hour before serving.