Florentine Style Sole
- 28 ounces fillets of sole
Plain white flour
3 ounces butter
1 glass white wine
42 and 1/2 ounces spinach
- Melt half the butter in a casserole and add the fillets of sole, coated with flour.
- Fry on both sides until golden and add the wine; allow to evaporate.
- Wash, boil, chop and toss the spinach in the remaining butter; add to the fish.
- Warm gently to allow all the flavors to mingle and serve on a warmed platter.
- Fish is always better moistened with a little sauce, so if it reduces too much, simply add a little wine and melted butter.
- Serve with a dry, full flavored white wine.