Skip to content
Frittata Bites with Asparagus
- Cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add the veggie mixture to the egg mixture and pour the mixture into the muffin tin; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let the frittatas stand 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the tin and slide them onto a plate.