Skip to content
Grilled Sausage with Olives, Capers, and Summer Vegetables
- 1 lb summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3/4 lb fresh romano beans or green beans, cut into 1 – 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1 lb (4 links) sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used a combination of basil and parsley)
- 4oz pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons capers
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the sliced squash and beans on a baking sheet.
- Spray with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Also spray the sausages with cooking spray.
- Place the vegetables in a grill basket and the sausages right on the grill.
- If you are using pre-cooked sausages, you won’t need to leave them on their very long. Just grill until they are hot throughout and have some nice grill marks.
- For uncooked sausages, cook for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and browned.
- Stir the vegetables every so often, until crisp-tender and lightly charred and beginning to caramelize in spots.
- Meanwhile, chop the herbs and slice the olives and add both to a large bowl.
- When the sausage is done, let it rest for a few minutes and then slice into 1″ chunks.
- Add the sausage pieces and vegetables to the bowl with the herbs and capers.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over everything, toss, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- BBQ Grilled Salmon With Herb Butter
- Roasted Eggplant Tart