Linguine with Grill Roasted Clams
Makes 4 main-course servings.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 and 1/3 cups white wine
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 canned anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- Coarse kosher salt
- 4 dozen small clams (such as littleneck), scrubbed
- 12 ounces linguine
- Heat olive oil in small deep saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, 3/4 teaspoon lemon peel, and crushed red pepper.
- Saute until garlic is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine, increase heat, and boil until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, about 6 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Mix in lemon juice, anchovies, 1 tablespoon parsley, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Season with coarse salt.
- Prepare barbecue (high heat).
- Arrange clams on grill rack.
- Cover grill.
- Cook clams 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook without turning until clams open.
- Transfer to rimmed baking sheet as they open, retaining juices in shells, about 5 minutes longer (discard any clams that do not open).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until ‘al dente’.
- Drain pasta and divide among 4 large shallow bowls.
- Arrange 12 clams in shells with juices on pasta in each bowl.
- Spoon sauce over.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.