Pork Chops Baked in Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
Serves 4 people
- 4 center cut pork chops
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 8 baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbls of butter
- 2 Tbls of flour
- 1 cup of Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- In a large frying pan sauté the pork chops in the oil and butter until browned, around 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chops to a baking dish
- Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms to the frying pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and the wine and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and cover with aluminum foil.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the chops for 1 hour.