PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PEACH COMPOSTA
Serves: about 4
- 1 1/2 lb. Pork Tenderloin
- Fresh Garlic for rubbing
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, chopped finely
- 2 Large Fresh Peaches, peeled chopped in cubes – can use an extra peach if you like
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Allspice
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 C. Water
- 1/2 C. Dry White Wine
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Capers for garnish
- Rub the pork tenderloin all over with a cut side of a piece of fresh garlic.
- Drizzle all sides with a little olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper all sides of pork.
- Roast or grill the pork as you usually like. (Roast at about 450 for 15-20 minutes approx. Grill time will depend on how hot your grill is.
- Make sauce ahead or while pork cooks.
- Roast or grill your pork tenderloin.
- Let the meat rest about 10-15 minutes to retain the juices before slicing.
- Cook the shallots in oil for about a minute.
- Add the peaches, brown sugar, mustard, red pepper, vinegar, allspice.
- Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the water and wine, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook another few minutes on medium. You want the mixture to cook down and thicken a bit.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust – remembering that salt is key here. You want enough in there to bring out all the flavors.
- Slice the pork thickly. and serve with the composta