Roast Salmon with a Basil and Sweet Pepper Sauce
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each, scaled but not skinned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Puree the peppers in a food processor, and slowly add the olive oil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan, and gently heat the sauce on low.
- Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a roasting pan over high heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and place it in the pan, skin-side up.
- Bake for 2 minutes. Then turn and bake for about 6 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Just before serving, add the basil to the sauce.
- Plate the salmon, and spoon the sauce over it.
- Serve immediately.