Sicilian Escarole Salad
Sicilian Escarole Salad is an easy salad to prepare and is an excellent choice served before a nice Italian entree. The lemon juice and the olives work well with the bitter taste of the escarole.
Serves 4 people
- 3 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of escarole, washed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 2 Tbls of capers, drained and rinsed
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of fresh grated black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the escarole and cook until wilted.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the capers and olive and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.