Tuscan-Style Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 2 4×4-inch squares focaccia or ciabatta (I used a sweet Italian loaf,
- cut in half and sliced sub-style, and grilled)
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- Olive oil
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
1. Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Combine mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Brush chicken lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken on sharp diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices
3. Spread pesto mayonnaise onto cut surfaces of bread. Layer chicken, mozzarella, artichokes, and tomato onto bottom halves. Top with bread tops.