Warm Cuttlefish and Asparagus Salad
- 1 lb and 2 oz (500 grams) medium cuttlefish, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 11 oz (300 grams) green asparagus, spears cut into 2-inch (5-cm) lengths
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Halve the pieces of asparagus lengthways.
- Parboil in salted water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold, running water.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the cuttlefish and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley, coriander, asparagus and garlic, and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve warm.