Skip to content
Asparagus Frittata with Leeks and Ricotta
Serves: 6 (definitely more if used as an appetizer)
Prep: 40 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus – trim the ends and peel if needed. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper, and roast at 400 degrees until tender – about 10-12 min. depending on the thickness of your asparagus.Set aside.
- 3 Leeks (About 2 1/2 c. sliced) rinsed and cleaned of any sand
- 2 Tbsp. Butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Whole shallot chopped (that means use the whole bulb with the multiple cloves)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 12 Large Eggs – beaten
- 1/4 c. Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 c. Grated or shredded Pecorino Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh Rosemary
- 1 c. Whole Milk Ricotta – mashed a little with a fork to soften
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- After roasting the asparagus, cut off the ends leaving the spear at about 3-4 inches long. Chop the ends into pieces about an inch long. Keep the spears and the chopped ends separate.
- Leeks: slice off and discard the root. Cut the bright green part off and discard. Cut the remaining leek in sliced rounds, drop in a bowl with cold water and swish around to clean the sand from the rounds. Rinse again if needed and drain off the water. Pat the leeks dry.
- Toss the leeks in the melted butter and oil, add salt and pepper and roast at 400 or saute, if preferred until tender.
- Put butter and oil in a saute pan, heat and add chopped shallots. Cook until tender – about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper, cheese, and Rosemary to the beaten eggs and mix together and pour into a large oiled fry pan.
- Distribute the cooked leeks and chopped roasted asparagus throughout the eggs in the pan and press them in a little to make them sink.
- Spoon dollops of ricotta into the eggs all around. Do not mix together. Just let the dollops sit there.
- Place the roasted asparagus spears around the surface of the frittata in a decorative manner that suits you.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the frittata on the top of the stove at medium to medium high until partially set. The bottom and sides should be set with the middle runny.
- Place the fry pan in the preheated oven and bake until set in the middle – about 10 minutes.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a plate. It should come right out with a little nudge from a spatula. Drizzle your best Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top before serving.
- Short Rib Hash and Eggs
- FIADONE with Apricots