Skip to content
Baked Stuffed Chicken in Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups stale sourdough bread, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 celery sticks with leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Handful fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- In a large deep sided skillet on medium heat, cover the bottom with olive oil.
- When hot, add onions, garlic, and celery.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper. Saute until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add bread, capers, and fresh herbs.
- Stir to combine.
- Drizzle olive oil generously over the top and turn heat off. If the stuffing appears too dry, drizzle with more olive oil.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Sea Salt and black pepper
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil generously over the chicken (both sides).
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Lay chicken thighs skin side down flat on a working surface and add one tablespoon of the stuffing to side and fold the empty side over.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cover the bottom of a large baking dish with roasted tomato sauce of your choice.
- Add chicken thighs.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked.