Broiled Clams with Prosciutto
serve 4 people unless your me and eat the whole thing by yourself.
- 2 dozen littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated bread crumbs
- 1/3 of a cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 slices of prosciutto, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the wine and broth together in large pot, cover and braise the clams until they open. Discard any of them that didn’t open. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve some of the broth.
- Let them cool down and remove the top shell leaving the shell with the meat.
- In a frying pan sauté the garlic and the prosciutto for 2 minutes in the olive oil.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley oregano and basil, salt, pepper and around 1/4 cup of the reserved broth.
- Add the mixture to the breadcrumbs and sauté until breadcrumbs a lightly toasted. Around 2 minutes.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet and stuff them with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place under the broiler until the tops are toasted being careful not to burn.