Skip to content
Capellini in Brodo
- 1-1/2 quarts (1.5 liters) home made chicken broth see below (substitute with organic store canned broth)
- 5 oz (150 gr) capellini (angel hair) fresh pasta (substitute dry store angel hair)
- 2 oz (60 gr) cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- pinch of nutmeg, freshly grated
- Place the broth in a pot and bring to a boil. When the broth is at a fast boil drop the pasta.
- Cook until the pasta is “al dente” (firm but not too soft or overcooked.) The angel hair will cook fast. Be careful not to overcook.
- Transfer the soup to serving bowls, top with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese, and freshly grated nutmeg.
How to make your own Chicken Broth
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 white onion
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley
- Place the chicken in a 4 quart stockpot.
- Stick the cloves on the surface of the onion
- Add the vegetables.
- Fill the pot with approximately 3 quarts of water. The chicken should be fully covered by the water.
- Turn heat to high. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, using a slotted spoon, skim away the foam that forms on the surface. Cook until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside. The boiled chicken can be used later for some wonderful recipes.
- Filter the broth through a fine strainer to remove all the small particles to clarify it. Let the broth cool to room temperature.
- When the broth is cold, the fat will solidify on the surface. Remove most of the fat from the surface of the broth with a slotted spoon. Set the broth aside to use in your soups or other recipes.
- Beans Stewed with Tomato and Gambuccio
- Torta al Testo Umbrian style: