Skip to content
Cheesy Penne with Broccoli
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 1 medium head)
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2.5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2/3 cup)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to pan; drain.
- Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta mixture; toss.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.