Skip to content
Fettuccine with Tomato-Cream Sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked fresh fettuccine
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Cook pasta in 4 quarts boiling water with 1/4 teaspoon salt for 4 minutes or until noodles are almost al dente. Drain pasta through a sieve over a bowl; reserve 1 1/3 cups pasta cooking water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until very fragrant and tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and tomatoes; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in reserved 1 1/3 cups pasta water; bring to a boil. Add cream cheese; stir until smooth.
- Add pasta, olives, and red pepper;
- Cook 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente, tossing to coat. Divide pasta mixture among 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon basil. Divide Parmigiano-Reggiano evenly among servings.
- Cheesy Penne with Broccoli
- Pasta with Dandelion