Crab and Gruyere Melt away Crostini Appetizers Recipe
by Gourmet Food World
There’s something just so indulgent about this combination of sweet crab meat and melted Gruyere cheese that will have your guests coming back for seconds and thirds (so double up that recipe!).
Crab and Gruyere Melt away Crostini Appetizers Recipe Instructions
- 1 Brioche or Challah Breads
- 6 oz. Super Lump Crab Meat
- ½ teaspoon stone ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 oz. salted butter
- Micro greens for garnish
- Baby heirloom tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the bread into ¼ inch thick slices, and lightly grill on both sides. Chop into approximately 2-inch by 1-inch rectangles, making 12 pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the crab meat, mustard, mayo, salt, and cheese.
- Melt the butter and brush the top side of each toast with a brush, then place about 1 tablespoon of the crab mixture on top of each toast.
- Place the crab melt aways on a non-stick cookie sheet, or a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with micro greens and halved baby heirloom tomatoes