Grilled Parmesan, Garlic and Basil Corn on the Cob
Sweet corn on the cob is grilled then topped with fresh Parmesan, a butter made with roasted garlic and fresh basil for the best barbecue side dish.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 bulb garlic, very top cut off to expose cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ears of corn, husks pulled back or removed
- 3 tablespoons plus 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat grill on high.
- Drizzle the garlic bulb with oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Brush 3 tablespoons of butter all over corn cobs.
- Add the garlic to the grill 15 minutes before the corn.
- Add the cobs to the grill and grill until each side gets a nice char, turning often and checking so they don’t burn. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove both the corn and the garlic.
- Cover the corn with foil to keep warm while you make the butter.
- Open the foil to allow the garlic to cool so you can handle it.
- To a bowl add the 4 tablespoons softened butter, the cooled garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Mash and mix well.
- To a shallow bowl add the Parmesan cheese and basil, mix well.
- Spread the butter all over the corn cobs, and then sprinkle on the Parmesan and basil.