Grilled Scallops On the Half Shell
- 1 lb of Fresh Large Scallops
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp of Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Fresno Chili or 1 tsp of chili paste in a tube
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp of White Wine
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Freshly Squeeze of lemon
1) Season the top side of the scallops with some salt and pepper and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the chopped garlic, parsley, chili paste, salt and pepper and set aside.
3) Add about 2 scallops in each shell (or in little aluminum foil boats, watch the video to see what I’m talking about) then divide the butter mixture evenly among the shells with the scallops, drizzle in a little less than 1 Tbsp of wine in each and pop them directly on the hot grill and cook them for a couple of minutes on each side or until the scallops are firm but not over cooked.
4) When the scallops come off the grill, squeeze a little lemon over top and dig right in!