Grilled Soft-shell Crabs
- 12 prime softshell crabs
For the marinade
- 1 cup salad oil,
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 6 teaspoons fresh tarragon leaves,
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning,
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Let stand several hours at room temperature to let flavors blend before using. Makes 1 cup marinade.
- Liberally baste bottom sides of crabs with marinade and carefully place, bottom side down, on barbecue grill.
- Cook over a slow fire at least 12 inches from coals for 5 minutes.
- Liberally baste tops of crabs with marinade, turn carefully, and grill 5 minutes more.