Skip to content
LIGURIAN LEMON CAKE
Makes: 1 9 inch cake
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: about 60 minutes depending on oven
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 1 C. Ground Almonds – grind finely in food processor
- 1 C. Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 C. Olive Oil
- 3/4 C. Whole Milk
- 1/2 C. Lemon Curd – (Dickinson’s is a good one, if purchasing, or make your own!)
- Zest of a fresh lemon
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Extract
- 1 C. Fresh Raspberries – washed
- Powdered Sugar
- Use a greased 9 inch spring form pan for this.
- Mix together: flour, almonds, sugar, baking powder.
- Add Olive Oil and milk to the dry ingredients. Mix.
- Add the Lemon Curd, Zest, extract, and mix well.
- Pour a little less than 1/2 the batter into a greased pan.
- Place the raspberries, pointed ends up, around the top of the batter. Leave a little space between each.
- Using a spoon, carefully spoon the remaining batter on top of and in between the berries. Smooth the top gently if needed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 60 minutes (Time will depend on your oven) or until the top is set and golden.
- Cool at least 15 minutes in the pan and then release the outside band.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top. Serve with additional red raspberries, blueberries om top foe a festive 4th July cake if you like.
- Tomato-Mozzarella Salad with Sweet Peppers and Parsley
- WARM OLIVES AL LIMONE