Potato and Anchovy Salad
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- Ground black pepper
- Mince the garlic, capers and anchovies.
- Chop the parsley.
- Place the ingredients in a small bowl and add oregano.
- Bathe the mixture in olive oil and set aside.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and place them in a pot of boiling salted water over moderate heat for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, but still firm. When they are done, rinse the potatoes in cold water, then strain and pat dry with a towel.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise, then into 1/2 inch pieces and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture of garlic, capers, anchovies and parsley over the potatoes, add a few twists of ground black pepper, then toss the salad.
- Drizzle more olive oil on the salad if desired.