Skip to content
Red Wine Chocolate Bundt
- 3.2 oz. Dark chocolate
- 8 T. butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3.2 oz. dark chocolate
- 3 T. dry red wine
- (optional) dark chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 325°F / 165°C.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, then set aside to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a stand mixer on medium speed, or by hand.
- Beat in the egg, then beat in cooled chocolate, red wine, & vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt to the bowl. Slowly fold dry ingredients into the batter just until combined.
- Pour batter into a well-greased, floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325°F / 165°C for 25-30 minutes, until a knife in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then flip onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, then remove from heat. Whisk in red wine until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Immediately top with dark chocolate shavings, if using.
- Let set for at least 15 minutes before slicing, or overnight.