Skip to content
Roasted Pepper & Sausage Stew
- 4 red bell peppers sliced
- 2 large sweet onions thinly sliced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1 lb. italian sausage links
- 2 T. butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups beef or garlic broth
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil finely sliced
- croutons for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Toss peppers & onions in olive oil. Spread on a foil-covered rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 450° for 30 minutes.
- While peppers & onions are roasting, brown sausage links in a large pot. Remove and slice into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Melt butter in the pot with sausage drippings. Saute garlic over low heat until fragrant.
- Transfer half of peppers & onions to the pot and half to a blender. Add broth to the blender and blend on high until smooth, then pour into the pot.
- Add sliced sausage & tomatoes to the pot. Bring stew to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add basil and cook for another minute, then remove from heat. Serve hot topped with croutons.