Shrimp Artichokes and Pasta
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 pound of angel hair pasta
- 1 bunch of long green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbls of butter
- 1 lb of jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts packed in water, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbls lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- Cook the pasta in 6 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente. Around 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and artichokes and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Drain and plate the linguini.
- Toss the pasta with the artichoke mixture and parsley.