Serves: 6 to 8
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium-large onion, cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and sliced thin, fronds reserved for garnish
- 12 small potatoes (about 11/2 pounds) halved
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 1½ teaspoons finely grated zest and ½ cup juice from 1 large orange
- 1½ teaspoons fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds peeled shrimp
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, onions, fennel, potatoes, and garlic in a large roasting pan; add olive oil, wine, orange zest and juice, fennel seeds, a sprinkling of salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast until contents of pan are fully stewed, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add shrimp; continue to cook until shrimp are just cooked through and pink, about 10 minutes longer.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.