Skip to content
Spaghetti allo scoglio
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2-1/2 pounds shellfish (a combination of small clams, mussels, and scallops)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups clam broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- While you are preparing the sauce, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Scrub the clams and mussels well and rinse the scallops.
- Heat the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Saute the garlic until lightly golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the wine and allow to simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the clam broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the tomato paste until well blended. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add all of the shellfish.
- Cover and cook until the clams and mussels open and the scallops are tender.
- This only takes a few minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain the spaghetti and transfer it to the skillet with the sauce; gently toss.
- Transfer pasta and sauce to a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley.