Preparation of Savory Tomini with Tomatoes and Herbs
- In a nonstick frying pan toast the pine nuts with a tablespoon of oil.
- Then put them in a bowl with chopped fresh herbs and olive oil.
- Grill the tomato slices for a few seconds at high temperature.
- Arrange on the plates and season with few drops of the herbs sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Place 4 tomini on hot grill, cook for three minutes each side, making sure that they do not melt or burn, if the grid is too hot reduce the cooking time.
- Once the Tomini are ready, place them over the tomato slices and top with the remaioning herb sauce.
You can also serve them hot with a mixed salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, as the one in the picture.
Preparation of Sweet Tomini with Honey and Jam
- Cook two tomini on a hot grill, for three minutes each side.
- When you see that cheese begin to soften put it on a plate, engrave a cross on the top of the Tomini with a knife.
- Put some jam on one Tomino, and some honey on the other one.
With these two simple and quick recipes you will propose a valuable meat substitute in your BBQ menu, interesting not only for vegetarians, but also for lovers of cheese and its pairings. Serve very hot!