Chicken with Green Olives
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound green olives, pitted
- Trim the fat off of the chicken and cut each breast in half to produce 4 thinner pieces of chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5-10 minutes per side.
- Add the garlic and let it cook about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add the wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan to remove the browned bits. Cover and let simmer about 5 minutes. Add the olives, cover the pan again and let simmer another 15 minutes to soften the olives. Serve hot with some of the wine sauce poured over top.