Chicken Parm Stuffed Zucchini
Servings Serves 4
- 2 to 3 Large Zucchini, halved lengthwise and center scooped out
- 1 lb of Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Halved Cherry Tomatoes or you can use canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano plus a bit more for the top
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp of Breadcrumbs
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Couple of cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- Few Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a small skillet add the olive oil, allow it to preheat over medium heat, add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened, add the garlic, Italian seasoning and diced tomatoes and cook for another 30 seconds, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3) In a bowl, mix together the ground chicken, onion mixture, mozzarella, Parmiggiano, egg, salt and pepper, mix together well.